First there was cauliflower crust, now there’s zucchini crust. But look! Pizza.
- 2 whole Zucchini
- 1 whole Large Egg
- 1 cup Low-fat Mozzarella Cheese, Divided
- ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Pizza Sauce
- Basil, For Garnish
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Wash and grate zucchini using a cheese grater. Add to a bowl and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Drain excess water using a cheese cloth, or a colander using the back of a spoon to press out water.
- Add zucchini, egg, half of the mozzarella, garlic powder and black pepper back into the bowl. Mix everything to combined.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper on a pizza stone, and spread zucchini mixture into a circle using a spatula. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add on your pizza sauce and the remaining cheese. Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with basil. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy!